Monday, August 07, 2006

This month's post...

lots of news this time around.

With August well under way, Jonathan and I find ourselves with big changes, both at work and at home. First off, Jonathan's manager at work has applied for and received a new position, leaving a little uncertainty who is going to be taking his place. While J may be offered the position, there are many candidates, and so the next few weeks could be very interesting with the changes that will be taking place. This follows up a great physical inventory at their yard, which was very exciting that things turned out so well.

Right now it seems that things will be very busy as Jonathan gets ready to take the GMAT in 5 weeks and apply for grad school.

For me, I have resigned my book keeping position as it really was not a good fit for me. (I was always the kid who hated math... how did I end up in accounting? *grin*) Jonathan and I had been praying for a new job that would be in line with my interests and abilities, and I had been making a very concious effort not to be worried in the interim, but to trust that this was the direction that God was leading us and wait to see what he had in store next.
In the meantime, I had come in contact with a wonderful local photographer (check out JohnMagnoski.com) who was generous and gracious enough to let me come shoot a wedding with him at the Nicolett Island Pavillion. It was a beautiful event, and I learned alot by shadowing and watching, as well as getting the chance to put my own camera to the test in it's first wedding experience. A few days later, I received a call from John, wondering if I had a current job as he knew of a studio that was hiring.... So here I am, without actively looking for this job, I now am employed by a photography studio. Cool! Thanks God!

A few weeks ago, I also had the opportunity to do some band photo's for "Love in October" A local emerging pop-rock band. You can see samples of that and other current work at my new current work blog http://daypix.blogspot.com/ (the goal is to update it after each project with some favorites of the shoot).
This past weekend we traveled to Moline, IL where J's friend Rachel was getting married. We were asked to shoot their wedding pictures (samples to come up on the current work site) and had a blast.
Then, to top it off, yesterday we had two word-of-mouth (my preferred method of advertising) inquiries, one for a family portrait session, and another for a wedding... so in the past few weeks the photography biz has really taken off. Very exciting.

We had to leave the dog home when we went to Moline, so our friend Joel was a sweetheart and took care of him while we were gone. Random note; Dietrich is terrified of the kitchen floor (zero traction). Hopefully when we head up to Jacob's wedding at the end of September, we'll be able to take the dog along.

Well, I think that's enough for now. More to come.... :-)

adios amigo's

No comments: