Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I heard on the radio the other day, that people no longer write anything substancial in corrispondance--in fact hardly communicate substantial events at all. They cited the all too common situation of inadvertantly evesdropping on someone who talks too loud on their cell phone.

"So, I'll see you at 6:15 then? Yeah, not 6:30, I'll be there earlier... yes, 6:15..."

So, alright, maybe that's an unfair example, but I got to thinking, you know--they're probably right. In our wireless generation, with some gizmo strapped to our heads at all times--be it a blue-tooth headset or ipod--there's no time to think anymore, let alone pen (or type) things of substance.

So what are you writing these days?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So "people no longer write anything substancial in corrispondance," eh? Should I take that to mean that my letter about Intelligent Design and my correspondence with you are not "things of substance", or is your statement not quite that inclusive?

Christina said...

Luke,

You are definitely an exception!
We are really excited about seeing you in October!